Tuesday, November 23, 2010

cow bells and peppermint candy houses

On one of our hikes with the parent's hiking club from school we came across this lovely old farm house.  Not all the picturesque views in Switzerland are of mountains and valleys!  I love the pink swirls on the house.  Makes me think of those peppermint hard candies that are alway last to be eaten from the Halloweem stash and could always be found in the bottom of Nana's purse. 


Cows are in the barn (or at least down out of the mountains) for the winter so I guess they can take their bells off.  I wonder if they have to do neck weight lifting throughout the winter to stay in shape to wear these things come spring!  I have seen what these bells sell for at the flea markets.  This farm has a lot invested in bells! 

No comments: